Posts Tagged ‘no hassle scholarships’
Two high school seniors, Maria Zilberman and Walter Chang, have been awarded Cappex’s newest scholarships, the Rock Star and the College Pro, worth a combined $7,500.
|Rock Star Scholarship Winner:
Maria Zilberman, from North Miami Beach, Fla., plans on attending college this fall to study pre-medicine.
|College Pro Scholarship Winner:
Walter Chang, from Houston, Texas, will attend college in the fall to study engineering and musical performance.
Zilberman and Chang qualified for the scholarships by playing the “Cappex Cap Challenge,” where students collect virtual “cap” badges for completing key activities in their college searches. After earning at least 10 badges in the Cap Challenge, students become eligible to apply for special Cappex-sponsored scholarships. Examples of virtual badges include:
- Leader (Abe Lincoln hat) : For sharing leadership examples
- Artsy (beret): For providing accomplishments in the arts
- Volunteer (halo): For detailing how you’ve helped your community
- Yeeehaw!!! (cowboy hat): For representing a western state
- Road Warrior (roadster): For using the “Cappex Campus Visit Planner” to plan a college road trip
- College Reviewer (fedora with press pass): For providing a college review
Zilberman, of North Miami Beach, Fla., qualified for the $5,000 Rock Star Scholarship by collecting 25 badges, but it was her outstanding leadership in founding her high school’s international humanitarian club that won her the scholarship.
“The Cap Challenge guided me to explore colleges, which allowed me to learn more about them through student reviews, seeing my chances and organizing my application,” Zilberman said.
Chang qualified for the College Pro Scholarship by earning 10 virtual cap badges.
“Cappex.com improved my college search process tremendously, with all the key facts of each college compiled into one page and several student reviews to provide further perspective,” Chang said. He was awarded the $2,500 scholarship for his dedication as the school orchestra president who helped fundraise over $30,000 to help the school purchase a new grand piano.
“We started the Cappex Cap Challenge to give students a fun and new way to discover colleges and find matching scholarships,” said Chris Long, Cappex president. “Maria and Walter took on the challenge and also clearly demonstrated their accomplishments improving their respective communities. We were thrilled to award our Cap Challenge scholarships to these deserving students.”
Interested in the Cappex Cap Challenge? Make your own Cappex profile now.
Looking for scholarships? Find more here!
Register on Cappex
Create a free profile and...
- Discover more than $11 billion in scholarships and merit aid
- Get your college matches and see which colleges want you
- Instantly see your admissions chances for getting into the college of your dreams