Last Updated: February 19, 2014
by Britt Oliver
Scholarships are quite the unlikely Valentine, but as the scholarship application season ramps up, let this be the year that money for college trumps chocolate. Here are 26 scholarships expiring in the month of February that will help you achieve your scholarship resolutions. Good luck!
1. Playing With Purpose Scholarship Program
Award: $300 – $2,000 Deadline: February 1
Applicants must be varsity-level athletes in one or more sports.
2. AXA Achievement Community Scholarship
Award: $2,000 Deadline: February 1
Applicants must demonstrate achievement in school, community, or work activities.
3. John F. and Anna Lee Stacey Scholarship Fund for Art Education
Award: $5,000 Deadline: February 1
Applicants must be pursuing a profession in visual arts.
4. Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award
Award: $10,000 Deadline: February 1
Applicants must be classical musicians, vocalists, or composers.
5. Graduate Scholarships in Cancer Nursing Practice
Award: $10,000 Deadline: February 1
Applicants must show intent to develop clinical expertise and a commitment to cancer nursing.
6. National Peace Essay Contest for High School Students
Award: $1,000 – $10,000 Deadline: February 3
Applicants must write an essay related to the topic of “Security Sector Reform, Political Transition, and Sustainable Peace.”
7. Women in Aerospace Foundation Scholarship
Award: $2,000 Deadline: February 3
Applicants must be women interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field.
8. Naomi Winston Scholarship in Art
Award: $5,000 Deadline: February 3
Applicants must submit a CD and printout of two-dimensional, original artworks.
9. John Lennon Scholarship
Award: $5,000 – $10,000 Deadline: February 7
Applicants must submit an original song with lyrics.
10. American Physical Society Minority Scholarship
Award: $2,000 Deadline: February 7
Applicants must be minority students majoring in physics.
11. Courageous Persuaders Competition
Award: $250 – $3,000 Deadline: February 12
Applicants must create a TV commercial that warns middle school students about the dangers of underage drinking.
12. Proton OnSite Scholarship and Innovation Program
Award: $25,000 Deadline: February 14
Applicants must submit a hydrogen-related business idea.
13. Queer Foundation Scholarship
Award: $1,000 Deadline: February 14
Applicants must be high school seniors who are LGBTQ or LGBTQ allies.
14. AFA Teens for Alzheimer’s Awareness College Scholarship
Award: $250 – $5,000 Deadline: February 15
Applicants must write an autobiographical essay related to Alzheimer’s disease.
15. Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship Award
Award: $7,500 Deadline: February 15
Applicants must be minority high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, financial need, and leadership potential.
16. Rise Scholarship
Award: Varies Deadline: February 15
Applicants must have a documented learning disability.
17. Tall Clubs International Student Scholarships
Award: $1,000 Deadline: February 15
Applicants must meet TCI minimum height requirements of 5’10” for women and 6’2” for men.
18. Gordon A. Rich Memorial Scholarship
Award: $12,500 Deadline: February 18
Applicants must have a parent or legal guardian who has a full-time career in the financial services industry.
19. Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship
Award: $500 Deadline: February 20
Applicants must promote vegetarianism in their schools or communities.
20. The Christophers’ Poster Contest for High School Students
Award: $100 – $1,000 Deadline: February 21
Applicants must create an original poster that interprets the theme, “You Can Make a Difference.”
21. Dwight F. Davis Memorial Scholarship
Award: $2,500 Deadline: February 21
Applicants must be high school seniors actively involved in a community tennis program.
22. GEICO Achievement Award
Award: $1,000 Deadline: February 22
Applicants must be college sophomores or juniors majoring in business, computer science, or a related program.
23. CORE Que Lleva Café Scholarship
Award: $500 Deadline: February 22
Applicants must be undocumented students of Chicano/Latino descent.
24. Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
Award: $2,000 – $25,000 Deadline: February 28
Applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries.
25. William Randolph Hearst Endowed Fellowship for Minority Students
Award: $2,000 – $4,000 Deadline: February 28
Applicants must be graduate or undergraduate minority students with an interest in nonprofits, philanthropy, and the social sector.
26. Scholarships for Military Children
Award: $1,500 Deadline: February 28
Applicants must be dependents of US military personnel.
Find even more scholarships on Cappex.com!
Connect with over 20 colleges and universities during our CappexConnect Online College Fair to
learn more about admissions, financial aid, and be entered for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship.
Original Post Date: January 13th, 2014