Other Helpful Website Links
Cappex is a great place to help you find your college match, but it isn’t the only resource you may want to consult. Getting into college takes a team effort. We’re glad Cappex is part of your team. Here are some other web sites that may help as well:
- MeritAid.com The Web’s first comprehensive database of more than $11 billion in merit scholarships from colleges. Powered by Cappex, this free site will tell you what merit aid is available from thousands of college across the country.
- fafsa.ed.gov Your one-stop-shop for everything about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is an important application that is essential for getting need-based financial aid, and sometimes plays a role in state-funded merit aid and merit scholarships from colleges. This government-based site is extensive.
- studentaid.ed.gov This is the federal government’s Web site devoted to helping anyone prepare for and fund their post-high school education. Naturally, there’s a lot of info here for graduating high school seniors on a variety of college admissions and financial aid topics.
- finaid.org Part of Fastweb.com, FinAid is a free student resource for learning about all types of financial aid. There are articles, guides to paperwork and calculators for financial aid from loans to military aid.
- fastweb.com A free site for students and one of the Web’s largest directories of private scholarships.
- nacacnet.org/MemberPortal/ForStudents.com The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) is a professional organization for the gatekeepers of your college search: high school counselors and college admissions officers. These groups bring lots of knowledge to bear in articles and newsletters for students.